Saturday, October 10, 2009

Locks for Love

I have a couple of friends who have done this, and I think it's such a wonderful cause! You can donate human hair, longer than 10" to this wonderful organization and they make wigs for children with cancer from the hair.

I've often spent far too much money on cuts, color, highlights, low-lights etc. on my hair. But, in the past year I've been just touching up the roots myself at home (or, more accurately, my husband has been doing it for me). I FINALLY had enough hair to donate it, so I went to an adorable salon in South Amboy NJ called Belle Allure. Claudia Malik cut my hair for me. They wash it first, then put it in a pony tail and cut it wet. Then she cut the short hair that was left into a cute style!

The best part is two-fold...First I did something good for kids with cancer. Second, I got a free haircut! Yup, that's right! A lot of salons will donate their time for this very worthy cause. I gave Claudia the tip I normally would have given her, but the $45 haircut was absolutely free!

I feel like a whole new person, and I totally recommend Claudia, Belle Allure (www.belleallure.net), and the Locks of Love (www.locksoflove.org) program.

No comments:

Post a Comment