Thursday, September 10, 2009

Enjoying Wine With Our Dinner

My husband and I usually enjoy a glass of wine with our dinner, and found a pretty good local wine for $9.99 a bottle for "every day". We usually save the good stuff for company and special occasions and drink the "cheap" local stuff when it's just the two of us.

BUT...we just discovered Oak Leaf Vineyards wines. Apparently we were the last to know! When we mentioned it to our neighbors, they said "oh...everyone knows about that"! So, since we didn't know about it, I'm figuring there may be other people like us who've never heard about this either.

For $2.97 a bottle this stuff is really drinkable! I'm certainly no wine connoisseur, but we've also spent a fair amount of time in Napa and Sonoma as well as Tuscany sampling wines and I like to think I know something drinkable from something disgusting! This stuff is a real surprise! So much so, that we just went back and bought a case of it. So, for 12 bottles that's $35.64, which saved us $84.24.

I'm thinking that's a pretty good bang for the buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment